AVANSE™ ST-410 Resin Emulsion
A high-performance, 100% acrylic, waterborne polymer that can be formulated to meet the toughest VOC standards and outperforms traditional solvent and waterborne semitransparent stain technologies. Semitransparent stains based on this product do not require coalescent or heavy metal driers, they are easy to apply, and they enhance the appearance of new and weathered wood with a long-lasting finish. In addition, the combination of morphology and unique particle stabilization maximizes the flow and lapping characteristics during application, while building early resistance properties upon drying.
- Low VOC exterior semi-transparent wood stains
- 100% acrylic
- Excellent exterior durability
- Outstanding adhesion
- Superior color retention
- Flaking and cracking resistance
- Unique particles size stabilization for very good lapping
- Rapid hardness development – even over high tannin woods
- Excellent early water resistance
- Replaces solvent borne technologies for improved VOCs while maintaining appearance and application
*made without APEO-containing surfactant
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids 37 %
- Chemistry 100% Acrylic
- Coalescent Demand 0 %
- ECO Benefits APEO Free, Low VOC Capable
- Exterior Paint: Cracking Resistance Best
- Exterior Paint: Flaking Resistance Best
- MFFT-Minimum Film Formation Temp 3 °C
- Stain: Adhesion to Wood Better
- Stain: Cracking Resistance Best
- Stain: Durability Best
- Stain: Erosion Failure Better
- Stain: Lapping Resistance Better
- Stain: Tannin Blocking (ZnO required) Good
- Use Exterior, Semi-transparent Stain, Transparent / Clear Stain
- VOC Capable (g/L) < 5
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.