AFFINITY™ PF 1146G Polyolefin Plastomer
- Sealant layer in multilayer films
- Produce packaging
- Dry food packaging
- Other high speed VFFS (Vertical Form-Fill-Seal) applications
- Low seal initiation temperature
- Low consistent coefficient of friction
- Low block force
AFFINITY™ PF 1146 Polyolefin Plastomer (POP) is produced via INSITE™ Technology. It is designed for high speed packaging applications requiring low seal initiation, temperature, and good machinability (low consistent coefficient of friction and low block force). This resin is designed to give a COF of < 0.2 for an ~1.0 mil sealant layer in a coextruded film, and to run fast and trouble-free on most extrusion equipment, including blown film dies equipped with narrow die gaps.
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Anti-block true
- Density 0.899 g/cm3
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, MD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) 380 g
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, TD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) 460 g
- Haze (ASTM D1003) 5.5 %
- Heat Seal Initiation Temp in °C(°F) 75°C (167°F)
- Melt Index (g/10 minutes) 1
- Melting Point, DSC (Dow Method) in °C(°F) 95°C (203°F)
- Puncture Resistance (Dow Method) in joules/cm3 (lbs/in3) 9.6 (116 )
- Slip true
- Tensile Elongation at Break, MD 550 %
- Tensile Elongation at Break, TD 600 %
- Tensile Strength Break, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 37.9 (5410)
- Tensile Strength Break, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 42.1 (6110)
- Tensile Strength Yield, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 6.43 (933)
- Tensile Strength Yield, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) 5.98 (868)
- Vicat Softening Point in °C(°F) 78°C (172°F)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.