AFFINITY™ HT1285G Polyolefin Plastomer
- Sealant in cast, blown, and extrusion coating film production lines.
- High integrity sealant layer in flexible packaging
- Low seal initiation temperature
- Excellent hot tack strength
- Excellent taste and odor profile
- Superior seal through contamination
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- Anti-block Yes No false
- Density Yes No 0.898 g/cm3
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, MD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 78 g
- Elmendorf Tear Strength, TD (ASTM D1922) in grams (lbs) Yes No 410 g
- Haze (ASTM D1003) Yes No 4 %
- Heat Seal Initiation Temp in °C(°F) Yes No 88°C (190°F)
- Melt Index (g/10 minutes) Yes No 6
- Melting Point, DSC (Dow Method) in °C(°F) Yes No 96°C (205°F)
- Slip Yes No false
- Tensile Elongation at Break, MD Yes No 470 %
- Tensile Elongation at Break, TD Yes No 720 %
- Tensile Strength Break, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 48 (6960)
- Tensile Strength Break, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 30 (4350)
- Tensile Strength Yield, MD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 5.8 (841)
- Tensile Strength Yield, TD (ASTM D882) in MPa (psi) Yes No 5.3 (769)
- Vicat Softening Point in °C(°F) Yes No 81°C (178°F)
AFFINITY™ HT1285G Polyolefin Plastomer (POP) is specifically designed as a high performance sealant for demanding packaging applications. AFFINITY™ HT 1285G provides high packaging integrity through improved hot tack strength, enhanced caulkability, superior seal though contamination, and low temperature seal initiation. It helps enable hermetic packaging on today's high speed packaging lines or with demanding substrates, and supports reducing sealant failure and potential related food waste. AFFINITY™ HT 1285G has been developed for processing on Cast, Blown, and Extrusion Coating film production lines.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.