ACRYSOL™ RM-8 Rheology Modifier
It is an APEO-free, hydrophobically modified ethylene oxide urethane (HEUR) rheology modifier. This is an efficient mid-shear (KU) builder. It is delivered at high solids (35%) and contains propylene glycol as the cosolvent.
- Interior and exterior paints
- Wide range of sheen through high gloss paints
- Water-based architectural and industrial coatings
- Utility with all binder types
- Additive Applications
- Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS)
- Paper processing and finishing
- Building and Construction
- Nonwoven binders
- General industrial finishes
- Art conservation applications
- Water-based industrial baking enamels
- Broad formulation latitude
- Ease of handling
- Use over a wide pH range
- Reduced levels required for comparable rheology
- Improved gloss development versus HEC
- Product offerings across different sheer ranges
- Excellent spatter resistance
- Broad latex compatibility
- APEO Free*
*made without APEO-containing surfactant
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids 35 %
- ICI Efficiency Good
- KU Efficiency Better
- Recommended Binder Chemistry 100% Acrylic, Styrene Acrylic, Styrene Butadiene, Vinyl Acetate, Vinyl Acrylic, Vinyl Acrylic Ethylene (VAE)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.