ACRYSOL™ RM-2020NPR Rheology Modifier
It is an APEO-free, solvent-free, hydrophobically modified ethylene oxide urethane (HEUR) rheology modifier. This offers efficient high-shear (ICI) viscosity build and a Newtonian rheology profile. It can be used either alone or in combination with other rheology modifiers to impart excellent flow and leveling, film build, gloss development, and water resistance.
- Interior and exterior paints
- Wide range of sheen through high gloss paints, including low-VOC formulations
- Water-based architectural and industrial coatings
- Utility with all binder types
- Additive applications
- Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS)
- Paper processing and finishing
- Building and construction
- Nonwoven binders
- General industrial finishes
- Art conservation applications
- Water-based industrial baking enamels
- Broad formulation latitude
- Ease of handling
- Use over a wide pH range
- Reduced levels required for comparable rheology
- Improved gloss development versus HEC
- Most offerings ideal for low VOC formulations
- Product offerings across different sheer ranges
- Excellent spatter resistance
- Broad latex compatibility
- APEO Free*
*made without APEO-containing surfactant
These values are typical properties and are not intended for use in preparing specifications.
- % Solids 20 %
- ICI Efficiency Best
- pH 7
- Recommended Binder Chemistry 100% Acrylic, Styrene Acrylic, Styrene Butadiene, Vinyl Acetate, Vinyl Acrylic, Vinyl Acrylic Ethylene (VAE)
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material Please Contact Dow for additional information.
No Safety Data Sheets are available online for this material
Please Contact Dow for additional information.