Dow Highlights Solutions for the Toughest Pharmaceutical Formulation and Application Challenges at CPhI Worldwide
Dow’s portfolio of trusted solutions for the pharmaceutical markets now includes products based on the heritage Dow Corning silicone technology platform, to enable optimal drug delivery systems across oral, transdermal and topical dosage forms. At the show, Dow will display customer samples and discuss the following technologies:
- Dow Corning® topical excipients specifically developed to facilitate patient compliance, help improve aesthetic and increase formulation flexibility.
- Dow Corning® innovative range of topical ingredients with enhanced spreading and sensory properties enabling novel approaches to acne management such as patches.
- Productivity and solubility enhancement polymers:
- METHOCEL™ DC2 for direct compression which helps shorten development time and reduces manufacturing costs by up to 60 percent.
- ETHOCEL™ High Productivity (HP) Polymers optimized for dry powder layering processes and can coat 40-60 percent faster than current multi-particulate coating technologies.
- −AFFINISOL™ HPMCAS uniquely tailored to address the solubilization performance requirements of active pharmaceutical ingredients through stable solid dispersion and inhibition of API crystallization. AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME provides improved thermal properties conceived for hot melt extrusion.
The innovative properties of AFFINISOL HPMCAS High Productivity grade to facilitate higher solids content for increased throughput while maintaining optimal solubility, earned the technology a nomination for CPhI’s Pharma Awards 2017. Winners to be announced Oct. 24 during an awards ceremony on-site.
“We constantly seek new ways to push our technologies to the next level and provide even better drug delivery performance for our customers,” stated Dago Caceres, global market leader. “AFFINISOL is just one example of how we provide customized solutions to meet growing industry needs like solubility enhancement.”
Aligned with the trend for large molecule drugs and personalized medicine, Dow will also showcase its range of bio-pharma processing solutions for platinum-catalyzed pharma tubing and over-molded assemblies. Both are designed to meet the stringent performance and regulatory requirements of biopharmaceutical processes for fluids transportation in various upstream and downstream steps. This technology is particularly crucial during the final filling step where the highly valuable final drug product is in direct contact with silicone tubing.
“Our presence at CPhI reinforces Dow’s commitment to the growth of the bio-pharmaceutical industry with solutions that perfectly fit to critical biopharma processes where component purity is key,” says Jennifer Gemo, global segment leader for Dow BioPharma Processing.
In addition to its booth presence at CPhI, Dow experts will share insights during the pre-congress, three technical presentations and at the women in leadership forum. Topics for discussion, include:
- Oct. 23, 12:25-13:15 (Portalhaus) – Continuous Processing: Transforming Pharmaceutical Production with Global Pharma Leader Dr. Amina Faham.
- Oct. 24, 12:30-13:00 (G1A2) – Solving the Insoluble: Innovative Solutions for Solubility Enhancement with Technical Service & Development Scientist Meinolf Brackhagen.
- Oct. 24, 15:10-15:40 (G1A2) – Characterization and Control of Platinum-Catalyzed Silicone Tubing for Biopharmaceutical Applications with Application Specialist Lise Tan-Sien-Hee.
- Oct. 25, 11:50-12:40 (G1A2) – Key impact of silicone excipients on the skin delivery of corticosteroid drugs with Technical Service & Development and Formulation Specialist Virginie Caprasse
- Oct. 25, 8:00-11:15 – Empowering Women in Pharma Panel Discussion with Forum Chair Dr. Amina Faham.
“Empowering women in the pharma industry to push for the senior-level roles they deserve is the first step to make a dynamic change in workplace diversity,” said Amina Faham, global pharma leader. “As more businesses, like ours advance diversity and inclusion, there will no longer be a lack of opportunity and availability for women to seize these roles.”
In this Dow-sponsored event, Faham and fellow women in leadership will share their perspective on strategies to build an inclusive environment and empower women to pave their routes to leadership roles. Register here.
To learn more about Dow’s pharmaceutical and medical technologies, visit CPhI booth #102A50 where experts will be available, or www.dowpharmasolutions.com.
About Dow Pharma Solutions
Dow Pharma Solutions, a business of DowDuPont Specialty Products Division, designs differentiated solutions that help address some of the most pressing health challenges today. We develop functional excipients, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and medical-grade adhesives to help patients around the world live healthier, more convenient and enjoyable lives. More information can be found www.dowpharmasolutions.com.
About DowDuPont Specialty Products Division
DowDuPont Specialty Products, a division of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials, ingredients and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and worker safety. DowDuPont intends to separate the Specialty Products Division into an independent, publicly traded company. More information can be found www.dow-dupont.com.