Dow Announces Judges for 2018 30th Awards for Packaging Innovation
Panel for international competition includes 15 judges representing major brands, converters, OEMs, media, industry organizations
The judges, who form the largest-ever panel for the event, will come from around the globe to gather in Houston in late May and share their expertise and industry insights as they review entries for this year’s awards.
“The Packaging Innovation Awards is known for its tradition of bringing together experts with diverse perspectives and experience from across the globe to help judge this prestigious competition,” said Diego Donoso, business president for Dow Packaging & Specialty Plastics. “This year is no exception and I want to thank this outstanding panel of judges for their engagement and interest in evaluating entries for excellence in technology, customer experience and responsible packaging.”
This year’s judges are:
- Gian de Belder: Principal Scientist – Packaging R&D, P&G
- Jerry Duan: Global Logistics Packaging R&D Director, JD.com
- Tanner Florindo: R&D Technical Director, VALFILM
- Josu Garcia: Product Application Manager, Ulma Packaging
- Alix Grabowski: Sr. Program Officer, Sustainability R&D, WWF
- Chris Hartwell: AP Packaging Innovation and Development Manager, Fonterra
- Kim Houchens: Senior Manager, Packaging – Sustainability, Amazon
- Marianne Klimchuk: Professor, Fashion Institute
- Qiang Lu: Vice President, R&D Asia Pacific, Bemis
- David Luttenberger: Global Packaging Director, MINTEL
- Patrick Poitevin: Principal Scientist - Packaging Group, Mondelez
- Bernd Reifenhäuser: CEO, Reifenhäuser Group
- Gisela Schulzinger: President, Brazilian Packaging Association, ABRE
- Warren Shaw: VP Innovation, Huhtamaki
- Tim Sykes: Chief Editor, Packaging Europe
Submitting a nomination is free and applicants are not required to use Dow or DuPont materials in the products they enter. Interested parties can enter through April 12, 2018, by visiting www.DowPackagingAwards.com. As in previous years, all of the products in the 2018 30th Awards for Packaging Innovation must be commercially available when they are entered. This year, applicants can utilize a streamlined entry process with a simplified online form to complete, submit and track entries, as well as upload accompanying images and videos.
More information is available at www.DowPackagingAwards.com.
About Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics
Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics, a business unit of DowDuPont’s Materials Science division, combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high performing technologies for end use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation. Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics is one of the world’s largest producers of polyethylene resins, specialty resins and adhesives, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle principles for plastics.
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow’s market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at www.dow.com.
The Dow Chemical Company