Adding Value to Life: Dow Unveils Innovative Personal Care Solutions to Meet Consumers Preference for Quality at
The Dow Chemical Company introduced "Adding Value to Life in Personal Care," a showcase of solutions to meet Chinese consumers' demand for premium personal care products that provide a luxury experience at the Personal Care and Home Care Ingredients trade show (PCHi 2018), held March 19-21 at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center (Booth: 1T55). Dow's broad portfolio of innovative formulations and ingredients, deep application expertise and strong industry-leading innovation capabilities promise to shape both the marketplace and trends.
"At Dow, we are committed to providing solutions that boost benefits and functionality of personal care products, thus enabling a consumer to discover their own beauty," said Suiniaty Basirun, product director, Dow Home & Personal Care Asia Pacific. "We see China's personal care industry continuing to evolve and grow with the expansion of the urban middle class, who aspire for premium formulas and luxury. Dow's innovation-empowered and trend-driven solutions are here to help drive consumers' beauty adventure."
China's beauty and personal care market has expanded at double-digit rates as consumers have come to value better ingredients when making purchasing decisions. With its rebranded silicone products now called DOWSIL™, Dow offers solutions that deliver superior functionality in the full range of personal care, including skin care, sun care, color cosmetics, cleansing and hair care. These Dow solutions are helping meet consumer interest in:
- Advanced hair SOS for protection and care against damage caused by hairstyling and the environment.
- Enhanced men's grooming habits catering to the needs of a modern generation of Asian men, who aspire for clean, fresh and young-looking skin.
- New facial and foot mask experiences promoting immediate hydration, and soothing sensorial experiences that lead to smooth skin.
As part of its ongoing commitment to innovations inspired by market trends, Dow introduced solutions at PCHi 2018 that promise to transform and advance the personal care category in China, including:
Discovering Beauty: Dow Unveils Innovative Personal Care Solutions to Meet Consumers Preference for Quality at PCHi 2018
- DOWSIL™ EL-9080 Elastomer Blend new generation silicone elastomers to meet the needs of consumers who aspire for a more natural appearance without skin irritation and heavy fragrances.
- ACULYN™ Excel Rheology Modifier to offer consumers low pH products that cater to personal style and creativity with the addition of beads, glitters, exfoliating agents and visual cues like air bubbles.
- Film Formers to ride on a bold trend for more colorful cosmetics that are long-lasting, won't rub off, are water resistant and feel good to the senses.
- URBATECTION™ offering preventive and curative skin care products that fend off the negative effects of the environment by reducing the adhesion of pollution particles on the skin and maximizing the effect of antioxidants.
About Dow Performance Silicones
Performance Silicones, a unit within Dow's Consumer Solutions business, delivers a portfolio of performance-enhancing solutions to serve the diverse needs of customers and industries around the world. From transportation and lighting to building and construction and chemical manufacturing, Dow's Performance Silicones business helps our customers solve their most challenging problems. As a global leader in innovation and silicon-based technology, we are committed to bringing new solutions to the market that do more for our customers and continue to improve the lives of consumers worldwide. Visit consumer.dow.com to learn more.
The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) combines science and technology knowledge to develop premier materials science solutions that are essential to human progress. Dow has one of the strongest and broadest toolkits in the industry, with robust technology, asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities that enable it to address complex global issues. Dow's market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of advanced materials, industrial intermediates, and plastics businesses deliver a broad range of differentiated technology-based products and solutions for customers in high-growth markets such as packaging, infrastructure, and consumer care. Dow is a subsidiary of DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP), a holding company comprised of Dow and DuPont with the intent to form three strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty sectors. More information can be found at dow.com.