CARBITOL™ Solvent are solvents that provide a good balance of volatility, solvency and water solubility for such applications as coatings and printing inks.
CARBITOL™ Solvent is a highly effective, fast-acting solvent used across a number of applications. Working in a variety of capacities, such as a coupling agent and a carrier solvent, this product offers a high boiling point and low vapor pressure, and enables uniform dispersions.
- Textile dyeing and printing
- Household and industrial cleaners
- Wood stains and coatings
- Mineral oil-soap and mineral oil-sulfonated oil mixtures
- High boiling point
- Low vapor pressure
- Promotes the production of intense, bright shades for textiles
- Fast-acting mutual solvents
- Promotes uniform dispersions
- translucent to clear
Molecular Weight: 134.2 (G/Mol)
Boiling Point: 394°F 201°C
Specific Heat: 2.193 (J/G/°C, 25°C)
Heat of Vaporization: 350.08 J/G (At Normal Boiling Point)
Surface Tension: 31.7 (Neat Product) 46.2 (25% Aq.Solution) (Dynes/Cm At 25°C)
Solubility: 20°C By Weight Solvent In Water.
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America