Welcome to Pack Studios Freeport
Dow Pack Studios accelerates sustainable innovation by facilitating collaboration across the value chain. From brand owners to converters to academics; we connect you with packaging experts in spaces designed for the ideation of optimal solutions. Our centers are equipped with the latest packaging technology, allowing you to conceptualize, develop and test ideas on-site in key global locations.
Established in 2012, Pack Studios Freeport – located south of Houston, Texas, USA – is our first and one of our largest locations, featuring a robust assortment of state-of-the-art fabrication lines, commercial-scale packaging lines, and diverse testing equipment. This unique innovation center is strategically positioned where Dow’s North America experts can collaborate to solve unique packaging challenges that accelerate packaging innovation across the value chain.
The Dow complex in the Freeport area is home to our research and development, pilot plants, production plants, and more. And Pack Studios sits in the heart of it all.
Pack Studios Freeport enables regional customers and industry partners to deliver faster and more efficient commercialization of new and improved packaging. Capabilities in Freeport allow customers and partners to reduce cycle time on fabrication, prototyping, and testing during new packaging development.
Machines & Technological Capabilities
- Hayssen Verus 45 IM VFFS Line
- Injection Molding with Custom-made Robot Arm for In-mold Labeling
- North American Transport Lab
- Mespack H180FE HFFS Line
- 9-Layer Blown Film Line
- Bekum 6-Layer Extrusion Blown Molder
- Collaboration rooms
- High-throughput Film Testing Lab
- 7-Layer Blown Film Line
- 5-Layer Blown Film Line
- 3-Layer Blown Film Line
- Monolayer Blown Film Line
- 5-Layer Cast Film Line
- Extrusion Coating Line
- Lamination Lines with slitting capabilities
- Stretch Wrap Line and Tester
- Shrink Tunnel Packaging Line
- Shrink Wrapper
- Vacuum Thermoforming Packaging Line
- Application-specific testing
- Pipe Extruder and various testing capabilities
- World-class sensory science labs that offer ASTM-certified evaluation of package components’ taste, odor, touch and sound qualities
Explore Pack Studios