Dow siloxane powders can:
- Significantly reduce friction
- Increase the lubricity of molded plastics
- Increase the mar and scratch resistance of molded-in-color electronics components
Dow products also serve as processing aids:
- Improve mold flow to permit the production of thin-wall housings for small electronics components
- Increase fire retardance of housings and components used in electronics components
Designers of components and formulators of materials used within the telecommunications and electronics industries use siloxane powders for a number of diverse applications. A typical application includes fiber optic ducts, power switches, gears that must function with little or no external lubrication. In such applications, the ultra-high molecular weight polymers improve lubricity and slip, reducing the coefficient of friction in the gear assembly.