Dow Solutions for Underground Electrical Infrastructure – Can You Dig It?Midland, Michigan - January 08, 2015 -
Dow Electrical & Telecommunications(Dow E&T) is asking cable makers and utilities "Can you dig it?" - focusing on technology optimized for underground electrical infrastructure. Dow E&T will participate at DistribuTECH, February 3-5, 2015in San Diego, CA and will have experts on hand to talk about:
- The concept ofIntelligent Undergrounding and its feasibility across all voltage classes
- Strengths of DOW ENDURANCE™ MV and HV compound offerings - used in the construction of reliable, long-life cables that can deliver the lowest system life-cycle costs - for new and refurbished underground electrical infrastructure
- Continued proliferation of its advanced performance MV TR-XLPE compound – DOW ENDURANCE™ HFDC-4202 – fully converted at select North American cable manufacturers and now CENELEC certified in Europe
- Complete portfolio of high-quality materials for LV overhead and underground cables
- New elastomer-based offerings for increased flexibility in select cable applications and used in the manufacture of cable accessories
Visit Dow Electrical & Telecommunications at DistribuTECH, Booth 4411. We’d really dig seeing you there.
About Dow Electrical & Telecommunications
Dow Electrical &Telecommunications, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”), is a leading global provider of products, technology, solutions and knowledge that sets standards for reliability, longevity, efficiency, ease of installation and protection that thepower and telecommunications industries can count on in the transmission, distribution and consumption of power, voice and data. Understanding that collaboration is essential to success, Dow E&T works together with cable makers, other industry suppliers, utilities, municipalities, testing institutes and other organizations around the world to help develop solutions and create mutual value that will sustain these industries for years to come.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 products are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
+1 989 638 2417