Achieve Higher Yields and Cost Savings with Dow VORASURF 504 Surfactant
Midland, Michigan - June 16, 2016
The high-performance non-silicone organic surfactant VORASURF™ 504 from Dow enables enhanced energy efficiency in polyurethane and polyisocyanurate (PIR) foam insulation systems. When formulated and processed properly, systems with VORASURF™ 504 can achieve higher foam yield and higher compressive strength than with other types of surfactants; this leads to cost savings for builders, savings for home/building owners and a more sustainable world.
Under Dow's InsulationScience portfolio, VORASURF™ 504 provides the following proven advantages:
- Higher yield – Systems with VORASURF™ 504 yield more foam and therefore give better utilization of chemicals.
- Increased compressive strength – Foam with VORASURF™ 504 can achieve higher compressive strength at the same density.
- More stable emulsion – Emulsion with VORASURF™ 504 lasts much longer than with other surfactants and therefore provides manufacturing flexibility.
- Easier mixing – VORASURF™ 504 is an excellent emulsifier and requires minimal energy to form an emulsion solution of various polyols and hydrocarbons.
- Improved synergy – Can be pre-blended with polyester or polyether polyols to improve their compatibility in various systems and enhances their performance.
- Safety – Special EH&S equipment is not needed to prevent gases from being released to the environment, unlike other silicone surfactants.
VORASURF™ 504 has also passed the requisite building and fire performance tests, which makes it ideal for construction where fire resistance is needed.
+1 989 636 4084
G&S Business Communications
+1 312 648 6700 ext. 2107