Vacuum Packaging: The New Leader in Case Ready Packaging
The vacuum packaging segment is quickly beginning to outpace other case ready market segments like overwrap and even MAP. According to the report “The North American Flexible Packaging Market to 2018” by PCI Films Consulting, MAP market share has slipped about 5 points to 13% in 2013 and vacuum packaging rose considerably to about 18%.
Because vacuum packaging removes almost all of the residual oxygen from the package, it offers a lot of benefits to retailers and consumers alike.
- Substantial Increase in shelf life leads to reduced product loss
- Attractive, Clear Packaging that emphasizes the product
- Minimizes need for preservatives
- Minimize packaging material making it an affordable packaging option
- Eliminates freezer burn
Benefits of DuPont Resins
Seafood and meat packagers find the secondary sealing of vacuum packaging visually appealing. Good secondary seals and surface adhesion to meats and seafood form a second skin around the product, helping to minimize migration of liquids in the packaging for a clean, appetizing presentation.
DuPont offers various material solutions used for vacuum packaging:
- DuPont™ Surlyn® provides good drawability which allows for a tighter appearance and improved skin effect as well as seals through contamination and has excellent hot tack, toughness, and clarity.
- DuPont™ Appeel® and Surlyn® enhances the seal and peel properties.
- DuPont™ Bynel® tie layer adhesives efficiently bonds different film layers.
Request Product Related Information
Have a question or looking for more information on vacuum packaging products? Conveniently locate important technical and product-related information via the Customer Information Group (CIG).Contact Us