Plastic Caps & Closures
INNOVATIVE TWISTS ON BEVERAGE PLASTIC CLOSURES
From carbonated drinks to milk, juice and bottled water, Dow and DuPont packaging resins provide excellent seals to keep beverages fresh and flavorful while extending shelf life.
Dow continues to pioneer the packaging industry’s conversion to all polyethylene caps and closures, offering innovative and sustainable solutions that include benefits such as light weight, design convenience and good chemical resistance to a range of products.
DuPont™ Elvax® for Plastic Cap Linings
DuPont™ Elvax® ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer resins are available in a wide range of packaging film and coating grades. Cap liners made with Elvax® deliver:
- Consistent hermetic seals for greater protection against leaks
- Better flavor preservation and carbonation retention due to good water vapor and gas barrier properties
- Tamper-evident protection for consumers
- Easy-open caps through the reduction of removal torque
- Prevention of unwanted tastes for longer shelf life and greater consumer satisfaction
- Easy processing at low temperatures results in trouble-free processing
- Cost savings compared to alternative compounded liner materials
With Elvax®, the bottle necks remain clean and clear. Unlike other compounded liner materials, Elvax® contains no mineral oil, which can mix with beverages and deposit a ring of unsightly brown residue on the inside of the bottle’s neck.
DuPont™ Elvax® for Metal Beverage Crowns
Elvax®-based applications also meet growing market demand for halogen-free and plasticizer-free liners in metal crowns used in bottling water and carbonated soft drinks. The benefits of using Elvax® are many:
- FDA approval for direct contact with food and beverages
- Tight and effective container sealing
- Easy processing (high productivity on SACMI molding lines)
- Excellent carbonation retention
- Consistent lot-to-lot quality
- Formula and performance approved for water and CSD
- Halogen-free compound
- No adverse after taste is transferred to the beverage, a particular concern for taste-sensitive bottled mineral waters
DuPont™ Appeel® for Easy-to-Peel Cup Lids
Appeel® peelable sealant resins combine tough, low-temperature sealability with excellent peelabilty and puncture resistance. Ideal for use in food service and frozen juice cups, Appeel® lidding resins provide:
- Tough, low-temperature sealability with excellent clarity, flexibility, and impact & puncture resistance
- Superior seal-through of liquid on cup rims to create strong seals that are easy to peel
- Easy processing at low temperatures, providing trouble-free processing of cup lidding
- One-bag convenience and consistency, assuring superior performance every time
Together DuPont™ Elvax® and DuPont™ Appeel® give beverage plastic closures and lids the sealing performance and integrity that everyone can raise a glass to.
Request Product Related Information
Have a question or looking for more information on caps & closure applications? Conveniently locate important technical and product-related information via the Customer Information Group (CIG).Contact Us