Medium Voltage (MV) system family for increased reliability, longevity and lower total system cost
The DOW ENDURANCE™ system offering for medium-voltage cables includes compounds for insulation, jacketing and shields. This system allows for tolerance under moisture, enables simpler cable designs and enhanced cure and scorch performance needed for growing underground distribution systems.
The hallmark of the system is DOW ENDURANCE™ HFDC-4202, a next-generation TR-XLPE insulation with an estimated 40 year service life. DOW ENDURANCE™ HFDC-4202 demonstrates:
- Improved manufacturing robustness which ensures improved cable quality
- Reduced strip force for easier and cleaner termination and splicing of cable during installation
- Ability for continuous operations at 105°C cable rating, when used with Dow Electrical & Telecommunications’ semi-conductive shields
- Improved performance in wet underground operations through enhanced tree-retardant technology
- Expected longer life than existing TR-XLPE products
DOW ENDURANCE™ HFDC-4202 EC is deployed for medium-voltage power distribution and sub-transmission cables, notably in underground applications up to and including 69kV.