Interior Basement Insulation
Insulate for a Better Basement
Whether it’s being used for livable space or just storage, a well-insulated basement is an important part of protecting your building envelope. Designed for both unfinished and finished applications, Dow insulations and air sealants add energy-efficiency and warmth to any basement.
When insulating an unfinished basement, use a Dow finished insulation choice.
Dow rigid insulation comes with what’s ideal for unfinished interior basement walls.
- Simple installation on masonry walls with GREAT STUFF PRO™ Wall & Floor Adhesive
- Can be installed exposed to the interior without a thermal barrier
- Available in two finishes
When insulating interior basement walls in a finished basement, use our STYROFOAM Brand Insulation.
STYROFOAM™ Brand Insulation is a rigid insulation that can be placed directly on walls, framing and drywall.
- Creates a finished appearance
- Allows spacing for electrical wiring and other utilities
Insulating and sealing your basement’s rim joists prevents heat loss and protects against moisture and unwanted pests. Click here to learn more about rim joists.
FROTH-PAK™ Foam Insulation is a class A foam that comes in an easy-to-use, portable kit.
- Helps block entry of unwanted air, moisture, insects, dust and noise
- Can help lower heating and cooling costs
- Can be left exposed without a thermal barrier
THERMAX™ Sheathing or STYROFOAM™ Brand Extruded Polystyrene Foam Insulation offers a quick and effective alternative for insulating and sealing rim joists.
Insulating over slabs helps reduce the potential for condensation or “sweating”, reduce energy loss and increase the warmth of the homeowner.
Enhance energy efficiency and moisture resistance using STYROFOAM™ Brand Rigid Foam insulation both under and over slab.