Pushing the boundaries of traffic paint
Searching for sustainable road-marking technology with staying power? Turn to FASTRACK™ Road Marking Resins to keep drivers safe. With highly visible, long-lasting road stripes and markings that can withstand punishing weather and traffic conditions, Dow’s patented FASTRACK™ technology allows you to formulate reflective pavement markings that meet the toughest performance requirements – while reducing emissions for a smaller environmental footprint.
Since 1990, FASTRACK™ technology has dramatically reduced volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions by driving a mainstream shift from solvent-borne to waterborne traffic paint. This fast-drying waterborne binder provides a durable acrylic backbone for road-marking paints, with patented Quick-Dry chemistry that enables accelerated return-to-service times.
Available for use in waterborne traffic paint, road marking paints, traffic marking paints, water-based traffic marking paints, pavement markings, industrial coatings and road markings, FASTRACK™ offers many advantages, including:
- Superior environmental impact - as measured by life-cycle analysis, compared to other pavement marking technologies
- Enhanced retention of glass beads and greater flexibility - for extended retroreflectivity and improved night-time visibility
- Fast-drying properties - with fast-dry-to-no-pickup and resistance to early rain showers under a wide range of climatic conditions
- Improved wear properties - over various bituminous and concrete road surfaces
- Low-VOC formulations - that exceed most road-marking paint regulation