Sealing the Deal
Our ELVAX™ Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) Copolymer Resins offer a variety of solutions for your sealants in meat and dairy packaging structures, footwear, wire and cable insulation, as well as photovoltaic encapsulants and sheets. ELVAX™ EVA also replaces PVC in non-invasive medical tubing and bag applications.
ELVAX™ EVA can be used for blown or cast monolayer and coextruded films, or blended with other resins. Other grades can be used for molded or extruded liner seals inside plastic and metal bottle caps.
Package. Seal. ELVAX™ EVA.
ELVAX™ EVA resins are the smart choice for low-temperature sealing, flexibility, puncture resistance, and other food and medical packaging required properties. Which means – energy savings, faster packaging speeds, fewer package failures, and less waste.
When you choose to work with ELVAX™ EVA, you could have:
- Low seal initiation temperature for fast packaging speeds
- Low shrink temperature
- Greater adhesion than polyethylene (PE) to a variety of substrates/layers including polyolefins, PVS, PS and PET
- Softer and clearer than PE
- Enhanced flexibility
- Increased impact strength
- Improved puncture resistance
- Excellent flex crack resistance
- Excellent flow and caulking in seal area
- Good bondage to PVdC in coextrusion processes
Even better – ELVAX™ EVA resins offer specific performance properties based on what the application requires.