Dow Electronic Materials - Suppliers
Dear Valued Supplier,
Per the communication you received in May 2017, The Dow Chemical Company has been actively working to build a separate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system environment solely for the use by the Dow Electronic Materials Business. The completion of the Dow Electronic Materials transition into the separate environment is planned for August 2, 2017, and will result in a receiving holiday through the transition period. Please Note: While the planned Dow-DuPont merger is anticipated to close in August, the dates in this communication are not related to or indicative of the timing of the planned merger.
What Action is Required of You as a Dow Electronic Materials Supplier?
You will need to make changes to your systems and records to be prepared for impacts that will occur at Go-Live on August 2, 2017. For your convenience, a company code lookup will be made available on the website www.DowElectronicMaterialsERP.com for your convenience.
- Receiving Holiday: Saturday, July 29 through Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Preparations are underway to ensure minimal impact to you as a supplier. To ensure a smooth transition, a non-shipment period will be initiated for a short window of time at all impacted locations
- Shipment receipts will not be possible during this period
- Shipments and receipts will resume beginning on August 2, 2017
- Open purchase orders: Open purchase orders delivered after August 2, 2017, will be recreated in the new ERP system and need to be invoiced to the new legal entity. A cross reference spreadsheet will be available on the Electronic Materials supplier website www.DowElectronicMaterialsERP.com at Go-Live. Prior to August 2, 2017, purchase orders will need to be invoiced in the existing legal entity
- Open payables: Invoices for purchase order line items delivered prior to August 2, 2017, need to be issued against the original purchase order and issued to the existing legal entity. Invoices for purchase order line items delivered after August 2, 2017, and listed on the cross reference lookup at Go-Live, need to be issued against the recreated purchase order and issued to the new legal entity.
What is expected from you?
- Change our customer profile to reflect the new legal entity
- Obtain the new purchase order number from our website if there are outstanding purchase orders for your company
- Share this information with others in your organization as appropriate
- For questions and answers regarding this project, feel free to visit the website www.DowElectronicMaterialsERP.com or call you Dow representative
We are sharing this information with you now so you can prepare for the upcoming changes. We appreciate your effort to work with us ahead of time to ensure orders and payments are not missed or delayed. Please share the information about this upcoming change appropriately within your organization.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your purchasing contact.