Effective with the close of the merger transaction, a one-for-one exchange of Dow shares for DowDuPont™ shares automatically occurred for Dow stock invested in the Company Stock Funds currently held under the Dow Chemical Company Employees’ Savings Plan [401(k)].
Questions & Answers
2. What happened to my stock after Dow and DuPont merged?
- DowDuPont became the parent company of Dow and DuPont. The last day of trading for Dow and DuPont common stock was August 31, 2017. DowDuPont began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on September 1, 2017, under the stock ticker symbol “DWDP”.
- Dow and DuPont stockholders were entitled to receive shares of DowDuPont common stock in exchange for their shares of Dow and DuPont common stock according to the applicable exchange ratio fixed by the Merger Agreement with cash in lieu of any fractional shares.
3. What is the exchange ratio for the DowDuPont merger transaction?
Dow stockholders were entitled to receive one share of DowDuPont common stock for every one share of Dow common stock they held at the closing of the merger transactions. DuPont stockholders were entitled to receive 1.282 shares of DowDuPont common stock for every one share of DuPont common stock they held at the closing of the merger transaction, with cash in lieu of any fractional shares of DowDuPont common stock.
4. What do I need to do to exchange my shares?
If you held your Dow or DuPont shares through a broker or beneficial account, you will automatically receive shares of DowDuPont common stock for every share of Dow or DuPont common stock you held at closing. Stockholders who held their shares in certificate form received letters of instruction from the exchange agent, Computershare.
5. Do I have to return my Dow or DuPont stock certificates?
Yes. The shares of common stock represented by your Dow or DuPont stock certificate will no longer be traded on any stock exchange and now only represent the right to receive DowDuPont common stock (and, in the case of former DuPont stockholders, cash in lieu of any fractional DowDuPont shares) based on the applicable exchange ratio.
6. What will happen if I do not return my stock certificates?
Until you return your stock certificates for exchange, you will not receive your DowDuPont stock. Any future DowDuPont dividends will accrue on the shares represented by those certificates, but will not be paid to you until your Dow or DuPont shares are exchanged for DowDuPont shares. Accrued dividends and any cash in lieu of fractional shares will be paid without interest upon the exchange of shares.
7. Will I receive actual stock certificates for my DowDuPont shares?
No. All shares will be issued into book-entry under the Direct Registration System (DRS).
8. What if my stock certificate was lost, destroyed or stolen?
Please follow the instructions for a lost certificate included with the letter of transmittal from the exchange agent.
9. What if I have questions about how to exchange my stock?
Please contact Computershare, the exchange agent, at +1 866-644-4129 or +1 201-680-6578 (outside the U.S. and Canada).
10. Will DowDuPont pay a dividend?
Both Dow and DuPont have strong histories of quarterly dividends since the early 1900s. While DowDuPont is expected to target a dividend policy consistent with historical policies of Dow and DuPont, ultimately, the actual dividend, if any, will be a decision of the DowDuPont board.