DowDuPont Info Center
On December 11, 2015, The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) announced a definitive agreement with DuPont (NYSE: DD) to combine through a merger of equals transaction with the intent to subsequently separate and create three leading, independent, science-based companies.
On September 1, 2017 DowDuPont announced the successful completion of the merger of equals between Dow and DuPont, effective Aug. 31, 2017. The combined entity is operating as a holding company under the name “DowDuPont” with three divisions – Agriculture, Materials Science and Specialty Products. Learn more.
On September 12, 2017 DowDuPont announced that its Board of Directors and management, with the assistance of independent advisors, have completed their comprehensive review of the portfolio composition of the three intended independent companies. The Board unanimously concluded that, in light of knowledge gained since the announcement of the transaction, certain targeted adjustments will be made between the Materials Science and Specialty Products divisions, which will enhance the competitive advantages of the intended resulting companies. The changes better align these businesses with the end-markets they serve, ensuring clear focus, market visibility, targeted innovation and stronger growth profiles, and better equip each to compete successfully as industry leaders. Learn more.
Keep up to date with the latest transaction information by visiting the following resources:
- DowDuPont Executive Chairman Letter – letter from Andrew Liveris
- DowDuPont Website – information about the company and its three divisions
- DowDuPont News – news from Dow and DuPont related to the merged entity and divisions
- DowDuPont FAQ – general questions about the transaction and shareholder information
- DowDuPont Fact Sheets – high-level overviews of DowDuPont and each of the three divisions