Introducing Omada® – An Innovative New Health Benefit Available to U.S. EmployeesOmada (formerly called Prevent) is a breakthrough online program that inspires healthy habits you can live with long-term. It combines the behavior change science and unwavering support you’ll need to lose weight, keep it off, and help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Omada® Helps You Lose Weight and Reduce Your Risk of Diabetes
Omada® is based on the Diabetes Prevention Program* clinical trial, which showed that people at high risk can delay or avoid developing type 2 diabetes by losing weight through diet and exercise.
Omada® uses a multi-faceted approach to both inspire and enable change. The program includes:
- Expert Health Coaching with one-on-one dedicated support and advice from a professional health coach
- Small Group Support with private online peer groups for encouragement
- Health Data Monitoring including a no-setup wireless scale to monitor your progress, plus a digital pedometer and mobile app for food tracking
- Interactive Program that adapts to you
- Weekly Online Lessons to educate and inspire
More great newsIf you're at risk for type 2 diabetes or heart disease and participate in a Dow medical plan, Dow will cover the entire cost of the program for eligible U.S. employees, pre-Medicare eligible retirees, and their adult dependents - a $700 value.
How Can I Find Out if I am Eligible to Participate?
To find out if you are eligible, just take the one-minute risk screening questionnaire at www.omadahealth.com/dow.
Your participation in Omada® is voluntary and your responses will be handled confidentially. No individually identifiable data will be shared with Dow. Your responses will be stored by Omada during the term of the program.
*The Diabetes Prevention Program is sponsored by the NIH and CDC