BEST - Building Engineering & Science Talent Symposium at Dow
August 15 – 17, 2017
BEST is primarily intended to introduce African American, Hispanic, Native American U.S. doctoral and postdoctoral scientists to the wide range of rewarding careers in industrial research, and in particular, the many opportunities with one of the world’s largest and leading chemical companies, The Dow Chemical Company. This conference, developed jointly by The Dow Chemical Company’s minority scientists and Ph.D. recruiting team, demonstrates The Dow Chemical Company's commitment to a diverse work force. The application period for the 2017 BEST Symposium will be from February 15 to May 15, 2017.
BEST is designed to allow participants to:
- Gain a broader understanding of the science and technology practiced at The Dow Chemical Company
- Interact with scientists and management from all levels of The Dow Chemical Company
- Learn about the skills necessary for a successful career in a global organization
- Hear what industrial recruiters are looking for in young scientists
- Be exposed to an array of career opportunities in industrial research
- Network with other budding scientists
Preferred degree areas are chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, physics, biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology and closely-related fields. Applicants must have a doctoral degree or expect to receive one within 18 months of the conference date. For maximum individual benefit, a limited number of applicants will be chosen to participate.
Participants in the conference may be considered for future employment at The Dow Chemical Company. However, participation neither obligates the student to apply for employment, nor guarantees future consideration for employment by The Dow Chemical Company. For those wishing to learn more about opportunities at The Dow Chemical Company, please visit our careers.