When it comes to packaging and molded products, customers demand high performance goods, while you need cost effective and easy to process components. AFFINITY™ Polyolefin Elastomers can help you address this need. AFFINITY offers excellent adhesion at high and low temperatures, outstanding processability, and colorless formulations that can be more appealing to customers. These innovative polymers harness the power of INSITE™ Technology to give low crystallinity and low molecular weight to add value while modifying and compounding hot melt adhesives and more. This one-of-a-kind balance allows processors and formulators to achieve:
- Food packaging that costs less
- Low crystallinity and low molecular weight
- Excellent adhesion at high or low temperatures
- Exceptional sealability, with high hot tack and low heat seal temperature
- Unsurpassed processability
- Low taste & odor transmission
- Excellent optics
- Blends that are more flexible and durable
- Masterbatches that are more heavily filled
- And much more
AFFINITY™ GA Polyolefin Elastomers
- Less plugging and clogging
- Virtually no char, discoloration, odor
- More powerful bonds
- Greater sealing mileage per pound
- Broader temperature range performance
- Improved packaging economy
- Less downtime and maintenance expense
For more information, visit the Adhesives section.
AFFINITY™ GP Polyolefin Elastomers
- Ease of manufacturing: AFFINITY™ GP enables formulation freedom as it is compatible with a range of tackifiers and waxes. AFFINITY™ GP runs efficiently on existing processing equipment as well as on high speed application lines thanks to its fast set time.
- Cost-effectiveness: thanks to a lower melt density, AFFINITY™ GP offers higher mileage over typical EVA solutions.
- Improved performance: the oxidative stability of AFFINITY™ GP enables a stable melt rheology, reducing the risk of transfer-line fouling.
- Lower overall costs: the high adhesive mileage and improved processability for ease of maintenance and downtime can generate efficiencies that contribute to lower system costs.
- Enhanced workplace conditions: Hot Melt Adhesives formulated with AFFINITY™ GP offer clean-running systems with virtually no smoke or odor during the production process.
- Compliant with stringent food contact materials regulations* across the globe: Europe Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 – Composition in compliance • US FDA 21CFR175.105: Adhesives • US FDA 21 CFR 177.1210: Closures with sealing gaskets for food containers • China Food Contact Use Resin and FCM additives (GB9685) compliant
*Please contact Dow for Regulatory Compliance Information