Dow Offers ENGAGE™ Polyolefin Elastomers as an Exceptional Choice for Use in Photovoltaic Encapsulant Films
Delivers excellent electrical performance and moisture resistance to better meet customer demand
MIDLAND, MI - June 22, 2016
The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW), an industry leader in polyolefin elastomer (POE) technology and manufacturing capability, announces the availability of its photovoltaic grades of ENGAGE™ Polyolefin to the photovoltaic (PV) module encapsulation film industry.
Producers of PV modules are demanding modules with longer energy production life and better durability and Dow Elastomers, a business unit within Dow, is meeting this demand by supplying ENGAGE™ POE as a quality material to serve the needs of this industry effectively.
"Extensive laboratory and field testing has concluded that PV modules manufactured using ENGAGE™ POE-based encapsulant film can achieve improved performance results in terms of increased power generation, module longevity and durability," said Michael Shoemaker, global strategic marketing manager, Dow Elastomers. "The significant value of higher, longer electric power generation from PV modules using ENGAGE™ will ultimately drive significant market growth as POEs are embraced by PV film and module producers."
ENGAGE™ is an exceptional choice for use in all types of PV modules, including more demanding N-type cells, glass/glass, high power and bifacial PV modules.
PV modules made with ENGAGE™ POE-based encapsulant films provide:
- Increased power generation, electrical efficiency, reliability, and extended life of the PV module
- Improved Potential Induced Degradation (PID) resistance, reducing premature module failure and replacement
- Lower Lifetime Cost of Energy (LCOE) and better project economics for solar developers
- Better long-term weathering performance that enables better durability and power output for the life of the module
- Lower Water Vapor Transmission Rate (WVTR)/moisture resistance eliminating the corrosion problems associated with the use of EVA encapsulants
ENGAGE™ POEs are used in PV modules that are currently producing clean, renewable energy worldwide.
Visit www.dowpv.com to learn more.
For Editorial Information:
The Dow Chemical Company