Dow’s 70 Years of Experience in Tribology and Lubrication Technology Solutions to be Showcased at STLE 2014
Midland, MI - May 07, 2014
With more than 70 years of experience in the production, development and application of fluid and lubricant technologies, Dow experts have extensive knowledge and experience that is unmatched in the industry. The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) will be showcasing its synthetic lubricant technologies, metalworking fluids and fuel additives at the Society of Tribology and Lubrication Engineers (STLE) Annual 2014 Meeting, May 18-22 in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
The experts look forward to speaking with STLE participants from all segments of the value chain and are excited to share the advantages and versatility of Dow's extensive portfolio of chemistries. Dow will be showcasing the broad array of fluid and lubricant products that offer excellent performance advantages designed to help customers meet their current and emerging challenges.
The Dow businesses in attendance – Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives, Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions and Dow Microbial Control – will highlight how their products and technologies can be used in a wide range of applications, such as metalworking fluids, gear lubricants, turbine oils and corrosion inhibitors. The information below provides an advance look at what Dow will showcase at STLE 2014:
- Dow Lubricants & Fuel Additives – Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives will showcase its extensive portfolio of lubricant fluids that are designed to deliver solutions for a broad portfolio of applications including gear lubricants, hydraulic, metalworking and compressor fluids. Dow's UCON™ Oil-Soluble Polyalkylene Glycol (OSP) lubricants provide compatibility with mineral oils and synthetic hydrocarbon base oils while retaining key benefits of traditional Polyalkylene Glycol (PAG) technology. Dow Lubricant & Fuel Additives team members will be on hand at STLE to discuss the broad line of products including UCON™ OSPs.
- Dow Consumer & Industrial SolutionsAt STLE, Dow Consumer & Industrial Solutions' multifunctional neutralizers, based on ANGUS™ technology, will provide customers with solutions that address the unique challenges of the metalworking and lubricant industries. The CORRGUARD™ Multifunctional Neutralizer portfolio provides formulators with high-quality specialty additives that are easy to handle, globally available and yield multifunctional benefits such as extending fluid life. Dow will highlight CORRGUARD™ EXT Multifunctional Neutralizer, which offers formulators longer lasting, higher performing metalworking fluids with a favorable environmental, health and safety profile.
- Dow Microbial Control– With an extensive portfolio of biocides for both concentrate and tank-side addition, Dow Microbial Control has solutions to help protect your metalworking fluids from microbial growth and extend fluid life. Our experts are on hand to offer recommendations tailored to your fluid type, environmental needs and performance requirements. At STLE 2014, the business will highlight BIOBAN™ P-1487, a formaldehyde-free biocide that provides exceptional protection, helps to prevent and reduce biofilm, and offers ease of formulation in all fluid types.
Along with its presence on the show floor at booth 305, Dow is also a prominent presenter. Dow’s team of experts will discuss issues that apply specifically to tribology and lubrication engineers, including material selection and practical use application.
Technical Presentations (all times noted are Eastern Standard Time)*
- Non-Varnishing PAG-Based Turbine Fluid and GEK Spec 32568h
- Presented by Govind Khemchandani, PhD., Sr. Technical Specialist – Dow Lubricants and Fuel Additives
- Monday, May 19, 8:00 – 8:30 a.m., Power Generation 1
- Oil Soluble Polyalkylene Glycol Hydraulic Fluid – Equipment Performance Testing and Case Study
- Presented by Andrew Larson, Sr. Technical Service Representative – Dow Lubricants and Fuel Additives
- Monday, May 19, 9:00 – 9:30 a.m., Synthetic and Hydraulic Lubricants I
- Differentiate Your Lubricant with UCON™ Oil-Soluble Polyalkylene Glycol Technology
- Presented by Christine Walker, North American Product Marketing Manager – Dow Lubricants and Fuel Additives
- Monday, May 19, 9:30 – 10:00 a.m., Commercial Marketing Forum
- Non-Formaldehyde Releasing Biofilm Control Options
- Presented by Christine McInnis, PhD., Customer Application Specialist – Dow Microbial Control
- Tuesday, May 20, 9:00 – 9:30 a.m., Metalworking III
- Varnish Elimination for Gear and Re-circulating Bearing Oils
- Presented by Rick Butler (Chemtool) and Govind Khemchandani, PhD., Sr. Technical Specialist – Dow Lubricants and Fuel Additives
- Tuesday, May 20, 2:00 – 2:30 p.m., Gears II
- Friction Characteristics of Polyalkylene Glycol Based Engine Oil Formulations
- Presented by John Cuthbert, Ellen Hock (Dow); A. Gangopadhyay, D. McWatt, L. Ellie (Ford); K. Sinha (Chevron)
- Wednesday, May 21, 8:00 – 8:30 a.m., Engine & Drivetrain II
* Presentation times and locations are subject to change.
For more information about Dow’s presence at STLE, please visit http://www.dow.com/stle/.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2013, Dow had annual sales of more than $57 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 products are manufactured at 201 sites in 36 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
For Editorial Information:
The Dow Chemical Company
+1 989 638 8694
Gibbs & Soell Public Relations
+1 (312) 648 – 6700 ext. 2101