Eligibility & Rules
Eligibility – Students from participating universities must meet the following requirements:
- Individual students or student teams are eligible to participate in the SISCA Program;
- Students are enrolled at a participating university as a graduate student (i.e. Masters or Doctoral);
- Former SISCA winners are not eligible to participate in the SISCA Program.
Award Criteria – Each university has its own peer review selection process. Winners are selected based on high-level criteria established by Dow, including:
- Potential for solving world challenges in alignment with the spirit of Dow’s 2015 Sustainability Goals;
- Interdisciplinary nature of work, for example, applied sciences, engineering, economics, public policy, social studies, business, etc.;
- Innovative thinking and excellence in research.
Project Evaluation – In addition to the high-level program award criteria, each participating university shall establish criteria upon which student research projects will be evaluated and shape its own peer review selection process.
Submission Guidelines - Each participating university will communicate to their student body the guidelines and deadlines for project submissions at their university.
Prizes – Prizes awarded at the university level:
- Grand Prize - US $10,000.00 (ten thousand dollars)
- Runner Up - US $2,500.00 (two thousand, five hundred dollars)