By 2015, Dow will achieve on average a 75 percent improvement of key indicators for EH&S operating excellence from 2005 baseline.
By year-end 2015:
- Dow will achieve an injury and illness rate of 0.12 per 200,000 hours of work, reduce the severity rate by 75 percent and eliminate fatalities.
- Dow will reduce the severe motor vehicle accident (MVA) rate (MVAs causing or having high potential to cause injuries) for all Dow employees combined to 0.28 incidents per million miles driven.
- All sites/businesses combined will have fewer than 130 LOPCs (leaks, breaks and spills), with no more than 15 Category 2 incidents, eliminating Category 1 incidents.
- Dow will reduce the number of hazardous material transportation LOPCs by 75 percent, and eliminate highly hazardous (toxic Inhalation hazard and flammable gas) material releases.
- All sites will reduce process safety incidents by 75 percent based on the 2005 baseline.
- Dow will reduce company-wide emissions of volatile organic compounds by 30%, NOx by 30% and priority compounds by 30%. We will also re-use 300 million pounds of by-products as raw materials, instead of disposing as waste.
Dow will also participate in voluntary programs such as the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration’s (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Programs (VPPs), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Environmental Indicators, Regional Air Monitoring and The People’s Republic of China’s State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA) agreement.