Propylene glycol (PG) is a clear, colorless liquid with the consistency of syrup. It is practically odorless and tasteless. It is hygroscopic (attracts water), has low toxicity and outstanding stability, as well as high flash and boiling points, low vapor pressure and broad solvency. These properties make PG ideal for a wide array of applications. Select from the list at the left to learn about how propylene glycols are used in specific products or see Applications to learn about where propylene glycol is used.
Our global offering of PG and PG derivatives includes:
- DOW PuraGuard™ Propylene Glycol USP/EP – only available in USA
- Propylene Glycol USP/EP (PG USP/EP)
- Propylene Glycol Industrial Grade (PGI)
- Dipropylene Glycol Regular Grade (DPG)
- Dipropylene Glycol LO+ Grade (DPG LO+)
- Tripropylene Glycol Acrylate Grade (TPG Ac)
- Propylene Glycol Animal Feed (PG AF) – only available in EMEA
For more product information, please select a specific product on the left.
NOTICE: The DOW PuraGuard™ trade name is currently commercially available only in North America, in conjunction with IPEA certification. Though the IPEA third-party IPEC GMP certification has been received only by the two North American PG USP/EP manufacturing sites, DOW PuraGuard PG USP/EP follows the same manufacturing process and meets the same product composition and impurity profile as standard PG USP/EP. Dow’s stringent PG USP/EP global manufacturing standards enable the availability of the same consistently pure, high-quality PG USP/EP product around the world.