Dow continually offers exceptional solutions to the industry to help create new technologies that can advance quality, reliability and sustainability. One recent example is the new hydrogen peroxide to propylene oxide (HPPO) technology, which was jointly developed by Dow and BASF. HPPO technology works to reduce wastewater by approximately 70 to 80 percent and energy use by approximately 35 percent, compared to conventional propylene oxide manufacturing technology. Propylene oxide is a key component in the manufacture of propylene glycol. HPPO technology was recognized with the Institution of Chemical Engineers’ Innovation and Excellence Award in Core Engineering in 2009 and the U.S. Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award in 2010.
Support and Service
Dow is known for expert global technical service and sales professionals who are dedicated to customer success:
- TS&D Support within the customer’s region, providing technical and EH&S know-how to support application-specific needs. In addition, customers can contact Dow for assistance in proper handling, storage and use of DOW PuraGuard™ Propylene Glycol USP/EP, in keeping with Dow’s commitment to Responsible Care®.
- Excellent EH&S and Product Stewardship from Dow as a long-time proponent of Responsible Care®.
- In-Region Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) who are dedicated to helping customers use DOW PuraGuard PG USP/EP effectively by offering support according to the customer’s region.
- Sales Professionals who are familiar with regional markets and are dedicated to championing customer needs throughout the sales process.
- Education and Training are always available to customers online. Product information and customer service are also available 24 hours a day and seven days a week online via the Dow Answer Center.
® Responsible Care is a registered service mark of the U.S. American Chemistry Council.