The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) offers a range of plastics that meet the demands of both ASTM and ISO standards for pressure pipe materials and applications.
In particular, CONTINUUM™ Bimodal Polyethylene Resins offer outstanding lifetimes, world-class integrity, and broader service conditions. They are appropriate for pressure pipe applications including natural gas distribution, potable water and irrigation applications, oil and gas production, industrial and chemical processing and mining.
These new materials provide enhanced performance characteristics, such as:
- Superior Slow Crack Growth (SCG) resistance
- High temperature/pressure performance
- Increased toughness (especially at low temperatures)
- Increased tensile strength and modulus
- Excellent resistance to Rapid Crack Propagation (RCP)
- Enhanced fusion to MDPE and other HDPE pipe grades