- Why PE Pipe?
- Contact Us
DOWLEX™ 2344 PE-RT Resin provides an excellent option for multi-layer pipes used in radiant floor heating applications. When used in conjunction with aluminum composites or ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) polymers for three- or five-layer pipes, DOWLEX™ 2344 offers:
- Excellent toughness and flexibility (even at low temperatures) for durable, virtually leak-free performance
- Long-term hydrostatic strength at high temperatures without the need for cross-linking.
- Helps increase flexibility and improve processing speeds, resulting in potential production and installation savings
- Excellent surface smoothness for improved flow with reduced pressure loss and deposit formation
- Scaling and corrosion resistance for added protection of aluminum or EVOH layers
- Potential real-time installation savings
DOWLEX™ 2344 PE-RT Resin has a Plastics Pipe Institute (PPI) TR-4 listing of 630 psi HDB at 180°F (82°C) and fulfills the requirements for non-potable heating pipe applications according to ASTM F2623 and ISO 10508 for classes 1, 2, 4, and 5. In addition, equipment used to produce cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) can be easily converted to produce pipe with DOWLEX™ 2344 PE-RT Resin.
DOWLEX™ PE-RT Resources
DOWLEX Resins Brochure (PDF)
DOWLEX™ PE-RT Product Offering
The table below provides basic technical datapoints for DOWLEX™ 2344 PE-RT Resin along with access to the technical datasheet, material safety datasheets (MSDSs), regulatory information, and sample request form. Please contact your Dow representative for specific recommendations relative to your needs.