Covering all the Bases in Polyethylene Pipe
If you're looking for pipe grade materials that consistently outperform industry standards, you've come to the right place. The family of CONTINUUM™ Bimodal Polyethylene Resins includes:
- High density polyethylene (HDPE) resins that meet or exceed ASTM PE4710 requirements
- A medium density polyethylene (MDPE) resin that meets or exceeds ASTM PE2708 requirements
- North American product offerings that meet or exceed ISO PE100 requirements
Using UNIPOL™ II Process Technology – a proprietary dual reactor, gas phase process – Dow is able to combine state-of-the-art, staged reactor technology with strong material science to produce engineered polyethylene with advanced molecular architecture. As a result, CONTINUUM Resins are able to offer a long list of advantages, including:
- Long service life expectancy and lower total life cycle cost
- Broad service conditions – Including high temperature/pressure performance
- Outstanding slow crack growth (SCG) resistance – CONTINUUM™ DGDA-2420 Bimodal MDPE Resin achieves more than 150 times the minimum ASTM D2513 requirement1
- Excellent rapid crack propagation (RCP) resistance at critical cold temperatures – CONTINUUM™ DGDA-2490 and CONTINUUM™ DGDC-2480 Bimodal HDPE Resins are at least three times more resistant to RCP than the most demanding requirements for ISO PE100 standards1
- Potential for downgauging and/or increased throughput
- Extrusion into a wide range of diameters, including large diameters above 14 inches
- Installation efficiencies – Strong fusion to MDPE, HDPE, PE4710, PE80, and PE100 grades with trenchless rehabilitation capability
CONTINUUM™ Bimodal Polyethylene Resins are suited for pipe applications such as natural gas distribution, potable water distribution, industrial and chemical processing, and mining (slurry and leachates).
1 Data per tests conducted by Dow. Test protocols and additional information available upon request.
CONTINUUM™ Bimodal Product Offering
The table below provides basic technical datapoints for CONTINUUM™ Bimodal Polyethylene Resins suited for pipe applications along with access to technical datasheets, material safety datasheets (MSDSs), regulatory information, and sample request forms. In addition, the Compare feature can be used to create detailed, head-to-head comparisons of two to five resins (where applicable). To activate this feature, simply click on the appropriate check boxes in the table, then click on the Compare button. Please contact your Dow sales or TS&D representative for specific recommendations relative to your needs.