Dow Hygiene & Medical Participates at ANEX 2012
Seoul, Korea - June 01, 2012
Dow Chemical will be participating at ANEX 2012 (Asia Nonwovens Exhibition), which will be held from June 13 - 15 at Hall 10, Kintex II, Seoul, Korea. At this trade fair, Dow will showcase its diverse and innovative product portfolio for the hygiene, medical and adjacent fiber markets. Dow's key hygiene and medical product technology segments include back sheets, nonwoven fibers, elastic components, sealants, binders, additives and dispersants for use in diapers, wipes and other personal hygiene and medical end-use products.
With its global market focus, broad product offering and strong commitment to innovation, Dow Hygiene & Medical business engages with customers and partners along the value chain to help develop cost-efficient, innovative solutions that align with current and future industry trends as well as marketplace needs in both developed and emerging economies.
"The hygiene and medical market in Asia is witnessing a healthy growth and Dow is committed to meeting customer and brand owner needs by collaborating to deliver innovative solutions that offer an optimal combination of comfort, fit, softness, functionality and efficiency in absorbent hygiene and certain medical products," said Peter Wong, Asia Pacific Commercial Vice President for Performance Plastics.
Dow Hygiene & Medical is a leading innovator of materials, from next generation back sheets and breathable film technology to soft spunbond nonwovens. Specifically, Dow offers innovative products that address marketplace demands and customized solutions, including:
- Comfort and fit
- Cloth-like haptics and aesthetics
- Skin health maintenance (this is important)
- Odor prevention and control
- Liquid management
- Tear and puncture resistant back sheets
- Differentiated stretch and comfort in nonwovens, films and laminates
- Processability and performance for converters
- Purity and clarity of containers, caps and blow-fill-seal ampoules
- Reduced bulk
- Opportunities to help improve human health
Dow also offers one of the broadest portfolios of solutions for laminate films, nonwoven articles and certain medical disposable product applications. Below is a partial list of Dow Hygiene and Medical products and their properties:
- AFFINITY™ Polyolefin Plastomers – Excellent adhesion at high and low temperatures, excellent processability and colorless formulations.
- AMPLIFY™ Functional Polymers – Offer a distinct range of properties and enhanced performance to compounding and polymer modification, adhesives, and tie layers.
- ASPUN™ Fiber Grade Resins – Good processability for converters and excellent cloth-like haptics for remarkable comfort. Due to their lower melting point, ASPUN resins are used for lamination and thermal bonding applications such as monocomponent or bicomponent fibers. ASPUN resins may also be used in meltblown technology.
- ATTANE™ Ultra Low Density Polyethylene Resins – Excellent drapability and softness for comfort and low noise for discreetness. These resins also offer excellent tear and puncture resistance.
- DOW™ HEALTH+™ Polymers – Meet the need for quality and consistency throughout the development, trials, qualifications, and commercialization of resin products for devices and packaging products in the healthcare industry.
- DOW™ LDPE Resins – Exceptional product consistency, supply reliability, and technical benefits that offer an opportunity for increased output rates and web stability.
- DOWLEX™ Linear Low Density Polyethylene Resins – The mainstay products in back sheet technology and have helped enable converters to downgauge without sacrificing overall performance, including excellent toughness as well as tear and puncture resistance.
- ELITE™ Enhanced Polyethylene Resins – A single material solution that combines properties of sealability and softness, high puncture resistance and processability, and high puncture resistance and stiffness.
- ENGAGE™ Polyolefin Elastomers – A distinct combination of flexibility, softness, adhesion, and resilience to hygiene applications.
- HYPOD ™ Polyolefin Dispersions – Combines the performance of high-molecular-weight thermoplastics and elastomers with the application advantages of a high-solids waterborne dispersion.
- INFUSE™ Olefin Block Copolymers - Groundbreaking resins that offer a blend of flexibility, elasticity, toughness, haptics, and processability previously thought to be unattainable with olefin-based elastomers.
- PRIMAL™ ECONEXT™ Technology Platform – Ultra-low formaldehyde binders that meet the industry's most stringent standards.
- VERSIFY™ Plastomers & Elastomers – Exceptional elastic recovery, softness, low noise, and a broad bonding/heat seal window.
Dow Hygiene and Medical is also helping processors and brand owners work toward meeting their sustainability requirements by addressing the need to decrease product weight, reduce waste, improve energy efficiencies, promote better end-of-life options and find viable alternative material solutions through the use of renewable resources.
Dow's theme at the ANEX 2012 is Stronger, Together and focuses on the value of Dow and its customers and other key stakeholders collaborating on delivering the solutions of tomorrow.
Dow is a leading global supplier of essential and performance plastics, with highly productive and scalable operations feeding channels to market in almost 100 countries.
For more information about Dow Hygiene and Medical presence at ANEX 2012, please visit our booth at stand number: F23, Hall 10B.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company connects chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, renewable energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's diversified industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 160 countries and in high growth sectors such as electronics, water, energy, coatings and agriculture. In 2011, Dow had annual sales of $60 billion and employed approximately 52,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 5,000 products are manufactured at 197 sites in 36 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
For Editorial Information:
Dow Chemical Pacific (Singapore) Pte Ltd
+65 683 046 19
Porter Novelli Singapore
+65 667 147 00