From the clothes we wear to the food we eat, from chemistry that purifies water to technology that conserves energy, and to products that make our lives more comfortable, healthy, safe, and enjoyable, The Dow Chemical Company plays a vital role in addressing the needs of our evolving planet.
We are aggressively reducing our own impact on the environment and harnessing our innovation engine to help customers, communities, and every individual have the ability to do the same. In the Middle East, we are helping young men and women use the power of innovation through education, research, and professional development to effect sustainable
- Double the percentage of sales to 10% for products which are advantaged by sustainable chemistry
- Achieve at least three breakthroughs that will significantly help solve world challenges
- Reduce our greenhouse gas intensity 2.5% per year
- Reduce our energy intensity 2.5% per year
- Publish product safety assessments for all products
- Achieve individual community acceptance ratings for 100% of Dow sites where we have a major presence
- Achieve on average a 75% improvement of key indicators for Environment, Health & Safety operating excellence from 2005 baseline
- Awarded the inaugural Gulf Petrochemicals HSE Leadership and Innovation Award in 2009
- Named to the Dow Jones Sustainable World Index for the ninth time
- Dow POWERHOUSE™ Solar Shingle named one of TIME magazine's "50 best Inventions of 2009
- Earned A+ rating for our Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reports
For more information on sustainability at Dow, including our quarterly Sustainability Goals Update, please visit www.dow.com/sustainability.