- Dow Saudi Arabia Company opened in 2011
- R&D is currently underway at the Dow Middle East and Africa R&D Center at KAUST in Thuwal, focusing on water, water treatment technologies, and Oil & Gas
- Dow’s joint venture with Saudi Aramco would represent the largest foreign direct investment in Saudi Arabia’s petrochemical sector
Dow’s materials and services have been available in Saudi Arabia for over 35 years. Our presence in the Country is one characterized by landmark joint venture (JV) partnerships, and a commitment to positively impact the local economic landscape while transforming the Country into a key player in the global petrochemicals industry.
- Arabian Chemical Company Ltd. (ACCL): In 1976, Dow entered the Saudi market by partnering with E.A. Juffali & Brothers. Dow and Juffali are partners in ACCL, producing latex in Dammam and STYROFOAM™* in Jeddah and in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Saudi Acrylic Monomer Company (SAMCo): In 2009, Dow acquired a JV stake in SAMCo with Tasnee Sahara Olefins Company. With expected completion in 2012, the JV will be the first acrylic monomer production facility in the region and it will be located in Jubail. While generating hundreds of local jobs, the asset will manufacture downstream products for local and regional markets.
- Dow and Saudi Aramco are building a world scale integrated chemicals complex in Jubail, the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Upon completion, the facility will be the largest production complex built in a single phase and one of the largest integrated chemicals facilities in the world.
A Community Partner
Dow actively supports the social and economic aspirations of communities where we operate, and we enable their success by partnering with local orginizations that can deliver on mutually developed objectives that touch on education and training, entrepreneurship or sustainability:
- The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST): Dow is a founding member of the KAUST Industrial Collaboration Program, which serves to commercialize research into practical applications. Dow is supporting the University’s vision to drive economic development by investing in R&D with strategic relevance to the Saudi market. The Dow Middle East and Africa R&D Center is currently developing innovative, science-based solutions for modern day challenges in the water, energy and infrastructure industries.