- Dow commercial office and six joint ventures (JV) with Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C. (PIC) of Kuwait
- The largest foreign investor, and through our joint ventures, the largest private employer of Kuwaiti nationals in the petrochemical industry in Kuwait
Dow's office in Kuwait re-affirms the Company's commitment towards its existing partnerships and historic presence in the Country. Dow's strategy is to work with PIC to set up state-of-the-art petrochemical complexes in Kuwait that combine Dow's strong existing asset base, technology position, and global market reach. This demonstrates the Company's dedication to transforming the regional petrochemical landscape while supporting regional employment objectives and economic diversification agendas.
EQUATE Petrochemical Company A joint venture with a state-of-the-art petrochemical complex located in Kuwait, dedicated to producing polyethylene and ethylene glycol.
EQUATE MARKETING COMPANY A joint venture that markets EQUATE's products to customers and markets around the world.
The Kuwait Olefins Company (TKOC) A joint venture company that owns an ethylene cracker and ethylene oxide/ethylene glycol plant to facilitate the production of polyethylene and ethylene glycol.
The Kuwait Styrene Company (TKSC) A joint venture that produces styrene from benzene produced from the paraxylene unit and ethylene produced in the Olefins Complex.
Equipolymers A joint venture that manufactures and markets polyethylene terephthalate resins (PET) and produces purified terephthalic acid (PTA).
MEGlobal MEGlobal is a world leader in the manufacturing and marketing of merchant monoethylene glycol (MEG) and diethylene glycol (DEG), collectively known as ethylne glycol (EG) Established in July 2004, the joint venture has approximately 200 employess worldwide.
A Community Partner
Dow actively supports the social and economic aspirations of communities where we operate and enables their success by forging alliances with non profit organizations through educational programs, training and multicultural exposure:
- Lothan Youth Achievement Center (LoYAC): Dow sponsors LoYAC's educational and social programs aimed at developing and empowering Kuwaiti youth.
- The en.v Initiative: Dow supports The en.v Initiative's sustainability and environmental initiatives in Kuwait, and has sponsored REUSE 4.0 and The Dow Marine Conservation Program in 2011.
- Al Bayan Bilingual School: Dow has sponsored the School's sustainability initiatives and provided support to its recycling and environmental programs.
- Kuwait-America Foundation (KAF): Dow has been a premier sponsor of the KAF dinner in the past few years. The charitable event is held in Washington, DC every year to raise donations for Kuwaiti and other global charities.