- One of the first investors in the Jebel Ali Free Zone
- More than 130 Employees
- 2 hallmark joint ventures (JV)
- The administrative and commercial hub for Dow's growth strategy in the Middle East
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) serves as the hub for Dow's growing business and administrative presence in the Middle East. Our innovative solutions are applied in the Building & Construction, Coatings, Oil & Gas, Power and Water industries, while our sustainability-minded products are found in many of the region's hallmark developments.
Our presence in the UAE is aligned with our corporate commitment to invest for growth in emerging economies, and to supply the innovative technologies our customers need for the next generation of sustainable development.
- Dow Chemical IMEA, GmbH: Dow maintains commercial and administrative offices at Emaar Square on Sheikh Zayed Road in downtown Dubai. The office houses over 90 employees representing Commercial, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Public Affairs, Government Affairs and Business Services and Legal organizations, along with the offices of the Presidents for the Middle East and Africa geographies.
- UCAR Emulsion Systems FZE: Dow's award-winning facilities in the Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) were established 27 years ago and employs 33 people. The site supports Dow Advanced Materials businesses, specifically Dow Coating Materials and Dow Microbial Control, with a business footprint that spans 22 countries. The facility specializes in Latex UES manufacturing and associated marine and terminal operations, hosts a Latex UES technical service application laboratory, supply chain and international trade services, and the Dow Microbial Control biocides application laboratory. Dow plans to expand its regional manufacturing footprint with a new, stateof- the-art facility that will produce specialty coatings solutions, including products never before produced in the Middle East.
- MEGlobal: Dow is an equal partner with Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC) of Kuwait in this Dubai-based JV. With approximately 200 employees worldwide, MEGlobal is a world leader in the manufacturing and marketing of merchant monoethylene glycol ( MEG) and diethylene glycol ( DEG), collectively known as ethylene glycol (EG).