Technology platforms offered by Dow Technology Licensing are distinguished by simple, streamlined plant designs that deliver advantages in investment and operating costs. These economic benefits are achieved without compromising product quality and performance, and help create a competitive advantage for Dow licensees. Dow licenses leading process technologies and supplies proprietary catalysts for use in new or existing production plants.
- UNIPOL™ Polypropylene Process Technology - UNIPOL™ PP Technology delivers the broadest range of market-leading polypropylene products with the lowest investment and operating cost - because UNIPOL PP is a simple, reliable, all-gas-phase process employing world-class catalyst systems.
- This process utilizes a broad line of Dow's SHAC™ Catalysts and proprietary donors, engineered specifically for the UNIPOL Polypropylene Technology.
- METEOR™ Ethylene Oxide/Glycol Process Technology - Process and catalysts for the production of ethylene oxide (EO) and ethylene glycol (EG). Dow’s technology combines high performance catalysts with a streamlined process design that uses a single EO reactor to deliver output capacities higher than other available commercial technologies, resulting in lower total investment cost and higher raw material efficiency.
METEOR™ EO Catalysts bring a combination of high activity and selectivity for the production of ethylene oxide and ethylene glycol and can be applied to new or existing production plants.
- LP OxoSM Technology - A process for the manufacture of alcohols by low-pressure hydroformylation. The LP Oxo Technology, marketed in collaboration with Davy Process Technology, Ltd., is the most widely used oxo technology in the industry, with 33 licensed facilities operating in 15 countries
- NORMAX™ Catalyst employs an advanced organophosphite ligand and enables controlled and high selectivity for the best product mix from plants utilizing LP OxoSM Technology.
- PTA Technology - Dow’s process for the production of Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) for use in the manufacture of PET resins features low raw material consumption and has shown high reliability and trouble-free operation in over 30 years of commercial use, as well as optimized energy savings. This process is marketed in collaboration with Davy Process Technology.
Our experts can tailor solutions to your specific needs and provide ongoing support. Please contact us to begin a discussion about your specific needs.