Feedstocks and Energy is the largest global producer of ethylene, chlorine, caustic soda and purified ethylene oxide, as well as a leading consumer and producer of propylene and energy. The segment’s unrivaled scale, highly integrated operations and feedstock flexibility help enable a reliable, low-cost supply of chemical building blocks to Dow’s performance and market-driven businesses.
Elements of Market Success
- World’s largest and most experienced producer of ethylene, chlorine and caustic soda and a leading global producer of purified ethylene oxide
- Leading consumer and producer of propylene
- One of the world’s largest industrial energy producers
- Highly integrated operations
- Low-cost power, steam and feedstock supply
- Industry-leading feedstock flexibility
- Byproduct recovery and re-use
- Strong complement of strategic joint venture partnerships for growth
- History of operational excellence and reliability in a landscape where cost and scale drive competitiveness
- Leading global merchant seller of core chemicals, including caustic soda, ethylene dichloride and vinyl chloride monomer
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a "safe harbor" for forward-looking statements made by or on behalf of The Dow Chemical Company and its subsidiaries (the Company). The forward-looking statements contained in this web site involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the Company's operations, markets, products, services, prices, and other factors as discussed in filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, economic, competitive, legal, governmental, and technological factors. Accordingly, there is no assurance that the Company's expectations will be realized. The Company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by securities and other applicable laws.