In breweries, DOWFROST™ inhibited propylene glycol heat transfer fluids enable reliable, long-lasting, and dependable performance providing necessary cooling and refrigeration for secondary fermentation vessels.
- Complies fully with FDA & NSF regulations for low toxicity.
- Enables efficient heat transfer. (-18°C to 120°C / 0°F to 250°F)
- Provides optimal freeze and burst protection. (to -51°C / -60°F)
The ingredients in DOWFROST fluids are considered safe by the U.S. FDA food additive regulations1 for use in applications where incidental contact with food and beverage products may occur.
Properly formulated and high quality inhibited propylene glycol serves in a secondary refrigerant works in conjunction with a non-ozone depleting primary refrigerant like ammonia to enable superior temperature control, necessary for producing high quality beer and maintaining desirable and reproducible flavor characteristics.
- Higher purity fluids prevent corrosion and fouling of heat transfer surfaces to ensure optimal temperature control and longer equipment life.
- Properly formulated fluids are capable of providing effective heat transfer down to temperatures as low as 0°F or -18°C.
- Propylene glycol that meets US Pharmacopeia-Food Chemical Codex specifications provides safety and reliability attributes.
Craft Breweries Keep it Cool and Consistent with DOWFROST™ Fluid PDF
Protect Quality and Find Peace of Mind with the Right Heat Transfer Fluid for Craft Breweries PDF
Craft Brewers Conference Presentation PDF
DOWFROST Technical Data Sheet* PDF
DOWFROST and DOWFROST HD Engineering & Operating Guide PDF
|Operating Temperature||Product Description|
(various concentrations available)
| North America
Asia Pacific, India,
Middle East & Africa
| -45°C to 120°C
(-50°F to 250°F)
| Inhibited propylene
1 You may need to comply with similar or additional legislation in other countries. Contact your Dow representative for information.
*indicates required field