BETAFORCE™ Composite Bonding Adhesives
For high-performance bonding in lightweight multi-material vehicles, BETAFORCE™ composite bonding adhesives enable significant weight reduction, improved acoustic performance, and enhanced corrosion protection. Design flexibility is maintained while processing performance and sustainability goals are achieved. BETAFORCE joins carbon fiber and glass fiber composites, as well as other dissimilar materials, in a variety of lightweight designs and modular assemblies. BETAFORCE™ can be used to bond coated metals such as steel to aluminum, carbon fiber panels to steel or aluminum, sheet molding compound (SMC) to aluminum, and more. The latest formulations of BETAFORCE™ offer a cycle time of approximately one minute, and are currently being used for mass series production. Open times can be adjusted as needed.
- Battery Components
- Front-end carriers
- Structural roof modules
- Good adhesion to plastics, composites, painted and coated metal surfaces
- Accelerated adhesion at elevated temperatures (e.g. induction)
- High mechanical strength and elongation at break
- Very long open time allows bonding of large parts
- Integrates unique properties like high modulus, high strength and optimized elongation in one system
- Provides industry-leading retention of mechanical properties over a wide temperature range
- Ideal for dissimilar material bonding where differences are expected in the thermal expansion of structural materials
- Cold or warm processable
- High viscosity, high modulus roof bonding adhesive can be used primerless on paint.
Typical Modulus (Mpa)
Typical Lap Shear Strength (Mpa)