Separation of Chlor-Alkali and Downstream Derivatives Businesses
Dow announced the successful closing of the split-off transaction resulting in the separation of a significant part of Dow’s chlor-alkali and downstream derivatives businesses and merger of these businesses with Olin Corporation on Oct. 5, 2015.
In 2013, Dow announced its intent to separate this significant portion of its chlorine value chain for a potential future transaction. On March 27, 2015, Dow and Olin announced the signing of a definitive agreement under which Dow would separate its U.S. Gulf Coast Chlor-Alkali and Vinyl, Global Chlorinated Organics and Global Epoxy businesses, and then merge that new entity with Olin.
The transaction aligns with Dow’s strategic transformation to be a focused provider of high value, differentiated products based on key integrated and innovative value chains.
- Dow Announces Final Proration Factor of 21.00 Percent for Shares Tendered in Split-Off Exchange Offer (October 09, 2015)
- Dow Closes Transaction to Separate Significant Portion of its Chlorine Value Chain (October 05, 2015)
- Dow Announces Preliminary Results of Exchange Offer for Chlorine Value Chain Business (October 05, 2015)
- Dow Sets Final Exchange Ratio of 2.9318 for Chlorine Value Chain Business Exchange Offer and announces automatic extension of exchange offer to 8:00a.m., New York City time, on October 5, 2015 (Sept. 30, 2015)
- Dow Initiates Exchange Offer for Chlorine Value Chain Businesses (Sept. 2, 2015)
- Dow and Olin Achieve Milestone with Favorable IRS Private Letter Ruling For Proposed Chlor-Alkali and Derivatives Transaction (July 17, 2015)
- Dow and Olin Corporation Achieved Regulatory Milestone in Proposed Chlor-Alkali and Derivatives Transaction (June 16, 2015)
- Dow and Olin Corporation Create an Industry Leader in Chlor-Alkali and Derivatives with Revenues Approaching $7 Billion (Mar. 27, 2015)
- Dow Announces Carve-Out Scope for $5 Billion of Commodity Chemicals Businesses (Dec. 2, 2013)
Definitive Agreement Announcement Presentation:
- PRESENTATION: The Dow Chemical Company and Olin Corporation Announcement
- REMARKS: The Dow Chemical Company and Olin Corporation Announcement Remarks
Want more information on the Stock Exchange Offer?
In connection with the Transaction, Blue Cube Spinco Inc. filed a registration statement on Form S-4/S-1 containing a prospectus with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”). The Dow Chemical Company also made numerous filings with the SEC including a Schedule TO, Form 8-Ks and 425 filings. You may obtain a free copy of the prospectuses and other documents filed by these companies with the SEC at the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. You may also submit a written request for a free copy of any of these documents to The Dow Chemical Company, 2030 Dow Center, Midland, Michigan 48674, Attention: Investor Relations.
Click here to view a PDF of the Prospectus – Offer to Exchange filed by Blue Cube Spinco Inc., which includes a section of FAQ beginning on page 5.
Note: The forward looking statements contained in this document involve risks and uncertainties that may affect Dow’s operations, markets, products, services, prices and other factors as discussed in filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, economic, competitive, legal, governmental and technological factors. Accordingly, there is no assurance that Dow’s expectations will be realized. The Company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by securities and other applicable laws.