Developing Executive Level General Managers
Dow Chemical’s General Management Leadership Development Program offers internships and full time opportunities to a highly select group of accomplished professionals who aspire to executive level general management roles.
Dow leaders who joined the company through the General Management Leadership Development Program share their experiences and perspectives on this challenging and rewarding opportunity.
Program Established 2007
Recruit exclusively at five leading business schools
Top 2% of Dow in 5-7 years
80% of interns extended full time offers
- Desire to lead a large international business in a Fortune 50 firm
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience prior to business school
- Strong critical thinking skills, demonstrating commercial and financial acumen
- Comfortable in a “humble yet high performing” culture, requiring effective teamwork while also demanding a high degree of individual accountability
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and high level of Emotional Intelligence (“EQ”)
- Internships are offered to first year, full time MBA candidates, only. The internship is a requirement for full time roles in this program
The purpose of the internship is to mutually assess the fit of the candidate for a full time offer leading to senior business leadership roles. To that end, interns will work in small, diverse teams to tackle high-impact, business-related projects aligned with Dow’s strategy. Interns are expected to apply their prior work experiences as well as the analytical tools and insights gained from business school to deliver fresh, provocative, and actionable solutions. Equally important, the role of each intern is to actively network across the company to develop their own assessment of Dow, our culture and the full-time career opportunity. The internship is based at Dow corporate headquarters in Midland, MI to provide maximum exposure to Dow executives and senior leaders.
Additional Internship Highlights
- Relocation and furnished apartment provided
- Country Club and Fitness Center memberships provided
- Individual Mentors and Advisors assigned from among senior level leaders
- Organized social networking events
- Executive presentation skills training
- Organized trips to other Dow US sites
Full Time Opportunities
Full time offers are extended to interns in September, based on performance and mutual fit. Upon acceptance, Dow works with each individual to identify initial assignments based on individual interests, capabilities and business needs. This is not a rotational program, and each individual can expect a unique series of diverse and highly impactful roles, not a pre-programmed sequence of jobs with prescribed duration. Examples of roles that full time program hires may experience within the first five years of joining the company include: Corporate Strategy Development, Finance Director, Global Business Director, Strategic Marketing Director, and Global Product Manager.
Additional Full Time Position Highlights
- Above market compensation
- Potential tuition reimbursement
- Accelerated career path based on performance, achieving “top 2%” business leadership roles in 5-7 years
- Continued engagement from program leadership throughout onboarding and early assignments
- Opportunity to work across a variety of businesses, domestic locations, and potential international assignments
- Ability to have a significant, positive impact on global challenges
For further information about the program, please email email@example.com.
Only US citizens, US permanent residents, or aliens who are authorized to work in the US will be considered for employment with Dow in the United States.