Science fair projects are about investigating mysteries - exploring topics, brainstorming ideas and conducting tests to find answers to questions. Below you'll find tips on how to choose a project. You'll also find links to experiments that you can try on your own.
Tips on Choosing a Project
A big part of doing a science fair project is finding a good topic to investigate. Here are a few tips that will help you decide if your idea is good.
- Is it a Good Idea? Questions to Ask
- Am I am interested in the topic? Is it something I like to think about?
- Can I do a test to find an answer to a question?
- Can I do it with only a little help from parents, teachers and friends? (Don't be afraid to ask for help if you really need it!)
- Good Projects Create More Questions…
You know you have a good project if the results make you wonder about other things. After doing the project, did you think of other questions? That's a great project!