At Dow, our Values of Integrity, Respect for People and Protecting Our Planet set the foundation for everything we do. They drive us to conduct business fairly and with an appropriate sense of responsibility to each other, our business partners and the global community. We demand this of ourselves, and we intentionally choose to do business with suppliers who share these values and sense of global responsibility.
This means that Dow Purchasing makes supplier decisions based on a number of factors, not solely on economic criteria. We look for suppliers that:
- Demonstrate a commitment to reliable, high-quality supply relationships
- Have the capability to provide unique solutions, services and raw materials to support innovation
- Collaborate with Dow to drive competitive advantage and product performance through differentiation
- Join Dow in efforts to Set the Standard for Sustainability and embody highly responsible, ethical business practices, as outlined in our Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
- Practice Responsible Care® which is the chemical industry’s global voluntary initiative to continuously improve health, safety and environmental performance.
- Actively participate in REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals), a European Union system for chemicals management that represents a significant opportunity for chemicals manufacturers, their suppliers and customers to work together to protect the environment and preserve the future of the chemicals industry in Europe. For more information, please visit reach.dow.com.