Dow is committed to using our knowledge of science and technology to deliver exciting developments in sustainable chemistry – the very heart of our company. And we have publicly shared our commitment in our 2015 Sustainability Goals.
Dow Coating Materials is at the forefront of that effort, collaborating with customers in developing low-VOC and other “green” coatings with outstanding product performance.
Our environmentally preferred chemistry-enabled solutions include:
- ECOSURF™ SA Surfactants, a new generation of patented, biodegradable, nonionic surfactants that meet most environmental and handling safety standards world-wide, while offering excellent performance and economics.
- RENUVA™ Renewable Resource Technology, a new process that enables the use of natural oil-based polyols for products with high levels of renewable content as well as excellent coatings performance.
- BLUEWAVE™ Technology, a new process that allows for the production of waterborne dispersions from multiple families of chemistry.
- New biocide products for zero-VOC formulations and better odor control.
- New latexes that comply with SCAQMD regulations.
- Dow’s proprietary glycerine-to-epichlorohydrin technology, which utilizes a primary waste product of biodiesel production while significantly reducing energy use and waste generated in production.