Environment, Health and Safety
Dow Coating Materials upholds the highest standards of Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) performance, building on the expertise of Dow's Environment, Health & Safety organization, one of the most respected in the chemical industry. We are proud to contribute to Dow's 2015 Sustainability Goals and we strongly support Responsible Care®, a voluntary initiative among global chemical producers. Dow Coating Materials is committed to good product stewardship – from research and manufacturing to shipping and disposal. And we work closely with our customers to encourage and support their product stewardship efforts.
Sustainability in Coating Materials Dow Coating Materials is at the forefront of the effort to create high-performing coatings that also set the standard for sustainability. We offer water-based and renewable-source technologies, low-VOC and other "green" coatings with outstanding product performance. Our solutions can reduce energy consumption through low temperature cure and are also free of alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEOs).
Here are a few examples:
- Avanse™ Technology – Dow Coating Materials has created an environmentally advanced, high performance waterborne technology tha
- ECOSURF™ SA Surfactants, a new generation of patented, biodegradable, nonionic surfactants that meet most environmental and handling safety standards world-wide, while offering excellent performance and economics.
- RENUVA™ Renewable Resource Technology, a new process that enables the use of natural oil-based polyols for products with high levels of renewable content as well as excellent coating performance.
- BLUEWAVE™ Technology, which allows for the production of waterborne dispersions from multiple families of chemistry.
- Latexes that comply with SCAQMD regulations.
- Dow's proprietary glycerine-to-epichlorohydrin technology, which uses a primary waste product of biodiesel production, significantly reducing energy use and waste generated in production.