Explore Available Job Opportunities
Treasury is a global function within Dow that ensures the company’s financial flexibility, enabling the company to meet business and corporate strategies. Treasury is responsible for the management of the company’s liquidity, funding and capital, and works closely with executive management. Global work processes steer the function towards excellence and innovation in each of the key financial areas: financial risk management, funding, cash management, financial planning, credit risk management, corporate risk management and financial asset management. We strive to manage risk holistically across the organization by utilizing an enterprise wide risk management methodology.
Intern positions in the Treasury Leadership Development Program are designed to provide:
- Opportunities for professional growth and learning within a complex business environment
- Challenging and value-add assignments
- Visibility among executive leaders and management teams
- An introduction to Dow’s global financial systems, procedures, policies and business portfolios
- Exposure to the Dow Finance organization and an understanding of the diverse career opportunities that exist.
The internship program is designed to be more than just a summer job experience. It is intended to develop a talented employment pipeline of future leaders in Finance. Exceptional students who are offered and accept full-time employment with Dow will begin their careers with valuable experience gained from their internships and an existing network of peers and leaders.
Duration of Program
Summer intern assignments in the Treasury Leadership Development Program are typically 12 weeks in duration.
Who we are looking for
Internship opportunities exist for MBA students who are within one year of graduation and are seeking a degree with a Finance concentration. The ideal candidate is one who is pursuing an MBA in Finance from a well-regarded university with a numerically oriented undergraduate degree.
- Highly motivated individuals who are passionate about Treasury
- Ability to succeed in a global team environment with both technical and nontechnical disciplines
- Excellent finance and business skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills necessary to prosper within a global matrix
- Ability to think critically in uncertain business environments
- Must value diversity and foster inclusion
Project assignments are challenging and of significant value to the organization and will be in one of, or a combination of, the following Treasury work processes:
- Financial Risk Management: Management of a portfolio of foreign exchange, interest rate, and commodity exposures via hedge strategy development and execution.
- Funding: Professionals participate in the development of capital structure and formulate funding strategies to meet the financing needs of the company.
- Cash Management: Manage the day to day liquidity of the Company and its subsidiaries in support of optimal short-term financing and investment decisions.
- Financial Planning: Determine the Company's optimal risk adjusted capital structure and forecast cash flow.
- Credit Risk Management: Customer credit risk analysis and mitigation in support of the business strategies to optimize the Company’s working capital management.
- Corporate Risk Management: Risk analysis and mitigation options for various business loss scenarios.
- Financial Asset Management (Portfolio Investments): Manage the Company’s global pension plan and insurance assets via the development of investment strategies and related asset allocation decisions.